Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The other day, went to start the car and battery was totally flat. Attempted a few jump starts and then car would cut off + as I had the battery struggling a few times in the past, decided to get a new battery. Replaced the battery and car started ok, but engine light stayed on and started to hear a slight wining noise from the engine. Took car round the block to see if engine light would go off, it didn't. When I got back home and switched the engine off, and restarted. I then started to get a load of messages, Engine failure, power sterring failure, EPB etc.. Engine cut out and there was no power in battery to restart.

Car is 04 1.8 petrol Ghia.

Checked all connections, fuses, all look ok.

Is this likely to be alternator gone as battery lost charge and may cause the error alerts above?
How can I check the alternator, I can't physically see where it is?
Any idea what costs I am looking at before I get it booked in?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think alternator is a fair start
There are a few other posts about what symptoms to expect in such a case

As to cost I think a starting point is a trawl through auto electricians neer you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok car now fixed.

As suspected it was the alternator. Cost me £235 total to get fixed.

Battery warning light still stays on and informed this is because the Oxygen Sensor (Bank1 Sensor 2) needs replacing. Mentioned costs about £100.

Will check other posts to see if this is a common fault and if I am able to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts