Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to this forum so I hope that I am posting in the correct place. I have a 2012 2ltr diesel automatic Titanium model with 71,000 miles on the clock and have owned for the past 7years. About 6 months ago it became bad at cold starting in the mornings or if it had been left for some time (even if the air temp is 20C) It takes about 15 -20 cranks to fire and it attempts to start after about 10. The glow plugs have been checked as has the relay controlling them. fuel filter has been changed as has the air and oil filters. Garage claims no faults found. Once started, the revs fluctuate for a while before settling down. No lack of power when driving and starts easily when engine warm. Any suggestions please

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Holyroller,
Try removing the MAF sensor, and carefully cleaning with electrical contact cleaner. I would have thought that a duff sensor would show up with a fault code - but cleaning may do the trick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
When you try and start the car in the morning, check for air bubbles in the clear sections of fuel pipe under the bonnet (remove engine cover and look on RHS).
To me, this sounds like air in the fuel line. It may just be worth changing the fuel filter to see if that cures it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts