Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a good idea to make a "sticky" thread with a how to guide in replacing the pollen filter.
This guide is based on the Mk1 version of the Focus C-Max but If anyone has replaced one on a Mk2 version then please confirm if this is the same and I will copy the post to the "New CMax" section.If it is different or should you wish to add any tips then please feel free!

This is what the pollen filter looks like when I took mine out and of course answered the question I had about the "stale" smell from the blowers:

It should take you about 30 minutes in total to change the filter but of course, as you get used to it the time will reduce.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

After the last step, just pull the old filter out and pop the new one and reverse the instructions to put it all back.
The filter costs around £5 and for the sake of 30 minutes and perhaps sore knees, a worthwhile fix for you car

There is also another "How to" kindly done by "Crankup" (
) which may help you and the link to the write upis here: http://captaincrankup.blogspot.com/2009/01/pollen-filter-replacement-on-ford-focus.htmlEdited by: lawe

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a search and found the link. Many thanks for letting me know.
I'll include it in the main thread.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
JonV, in short, no not quite the same for LHD as your pedals are on the wrong side ;-)
I have heard that LHD cars are easier to do as that's what they are designed as in the first place.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well changed it now.

Had to remowe the throttle pedal then it was fairly easy.
however it felt like the new filter was to small ?

The new filter went longer into the housing :S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just changed mine.

The 2 guides (the one here and the one in the link) were very useful.

From my experience:
You don't need to disconnect the green connector (I'd misplaced my radio code so disconnection could have been painful) as I got enough room after undoing the cable tie on the engine bay bulkhead, but it will give more room.
Have a good lamp or torch ready - my hands blocked what little daylight got into the footwell.
Have plenty of swear words handy - there wasn't much room for me, tools & a torch, and getting into position was a real pain.

Yeehah! I can give myself a pat on the back for doing it and the money saved.

Ian

·
Registered
97 Posts
would removing the glove box when doing this help in any way? I am going to do mine this weekend. just wondered if with glove box was out there would be more light

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you type into youtube c-max pollen filter a helpful guy has posted 3 vids showing you how to do it. Only thing I would add to his vid is to just make sure you have your radio code and just pull the green plug out. farrr to fiddly without removing it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts