Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi cmax owners. I have a mk2 1.6 tdci 2015 cmax that every few miles shows the 'Engine Malfunction - Service Now' message and goes into limp mode. When you turn it off, the message goes away and it's fine for a few miles, then it comes back. I managed to connect a code reader to it when the message was showing and the code was P2002. I took it to the Ford dealers today and they have reported back 'Checked pin grips on dpf differential pressure sensor. Found 2 pins very loose. Square type fitted (unadjustable) New connector req.' The want 750 quid to fix this! They also say it might take 3 days! Are they trying to rip me off?

The dealers contacted me again to say the part they were going to use is not available - a full wiring harness! That explains why it was so expensive. Now they have found a repair kit for the connector. Cost is 150. Still seems expensive and not something you would expect to go wrong on a car that is only 5 years old but a lot better than 750. I wonder why they didn't suggest it first?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts