Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help with this. I want to fit a passenger airbag deactivation switch to my CMax. As it was due a service, I rang my local dealer who first said it could not be done, then changed their mind when I pointed out that the brochure said it is a dealer fit option. My problem is when fitted they said it disabled all the airbags so they removed it again. They then rang Ford UK for advice and now say it is not possible to fit to my particular model (06 Reg 1.8TDCi Zetec.) I am not convinced as the blank and wiring is there in the glove box. Has anyone here had this switch fitted sucessfully.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I would have though that the basic wiring for all models were the same but that the lesser spec models did not include everything as standard

For the switch to have immobilised all the air bags seeems strange and perhaps more a case of incorrect fitting by the dealer than it not being suitable to be done at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard

Thanks for the response.
I think your assumption is probably right. The same dealer said at first there was no such switch available until I pointed out that the brochure states that it is a dealer fit option. I think I will go to a different dealer who is a bit more clued in. I have been told that they would have needed to plug in to update software and that airbag warning on the dash illuminates when switch is activated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just had this switch fitted for £156. Works fine and dash light comes onbut you need to tell the dealer its a dealer fitoption and give them your cmax reg & VIN number then they can locate the exact switch for your cmax as theres a few?

I did read in a cmax online manual that the switch can not be fitted by a dealer if the car has reversing sensors fitted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

Just to let you know that I spoke to my local Ford Dealership with regards to this today.

I didn't mention any specifics about my car (C-MAX 1.6TDCi LX) but was provided with the following information:

The switch itself has Ford part number 1209856 and costs £21.60 to buy (probably excluding VAT).

However, the main cost seems to come from EMU setup changes required to recognise the switch - apparently an hours work at £90/hr plus VAT. This probably brings the cost out to about £130 all-in.

Hope this information helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts