Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and thanks for having me.

My panoramic sunroof blind has jammed (Mk2 Titanium X: see pics).
- has anyone managed to fix a similar problem?
- if not, how much will Ford charge (someone is telling me £1K... help!)...
- and will it come under my Cosmetic Repair Insurance?
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you had this fixed yet.. mine has came away from the sides so can't close or open without it getting tangled

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious if any of you had the issue fixed?
Have a 2011 Grand C-max and today the blind came off the sides and tangles when opening the blind. So essentially it can only stay closed.
would probably prefer to repair rather than replace. Any thoughts or ideas?
Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Curious if any of you had the issue fixed?
Have a 2011 Grand C-max and today the blind came off the sides and tangles when opening the blind. So essentially it can only stay closed.
would probably prefer to repair rather than replace. Any thoughts or ideas?
Regards
Did you manage to sort it - I have the same issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @Dave2020 and others.
I managed to open the curtain by guiding it onto the roller with my fingers, and those of a friend sitting in the passenger seat, and opening it bit by bit with only gentle pushes on the button.
It was a little fiddly, but we got it in the end.
Now it is fully open and I have removed the fuse, which is no. 37 in the luggage compartment fuse box, located on the left hand side just inside the tail gate. Rendering it inoperable, but open for us to see the sky again :)
You can try and see if it works for you as well.
/Niels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @Dave2020 and others.
I managed to open the curtain by guiding it onto the roller with my fingers, and those of a friend sitting in the passenger seat, and opening it bit by bit with only gentle pushes on the button.
It was a little fiddly, but we got it in the end.
Now it is fully open and I have removed the fuse, which is no. 37 in the luggage compartment fuse box, located on the left hand side just inside the tail gate. Rendering it inoperable, but open for us to see the sky again :)
You can try and see if it works for you as well.
/Niels
I have this same problem, can I ask please how did you un jam the blind to guide it was slowly with your finger
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this same problem, can I ask please how did you un jam the blind to guide it was slowly with your finger
Thank you in advance
Well perhaps I was lucky that when fully closed it wasn't jammed other than it could move and begin to open. If not touched otherwise it would jam about 1/3 open.
Around that point I could start to guide and push the curtain onto the roller while opening it bit by bit, thus overcomming the jam.
But perhaps the key was that I could get it moving in the first place.

Is yours completely stuck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was stuck about 2/3 way open, have managed to open almost all way moving the roller, but now seems stuck again doesn't want to open last little bit or close as if roller stuck again, am going to try looking at it when my children are in school today.
Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was stuck about 2/3 way open, have managed to open almost all way moving the roller, but now seems stuck again doesn't want to open last little bit or close as if roller stuck again, am going to try looking at it when my children are in school today.
Thank you for your reply
Good luck (y)
Hope it will work for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts