Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the engine warning light has recently came on in my car and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what may be the problem.
The car was running ok but the engine warning light has now came on.
I today have gone back to the car as my freind has his own diagnostics machine and the battery has now gone flat also meaning the car will now not start.
I hope someone may have an idea of what may be the problem , or had the same problem themselves that now has being fixed as ford cant see it for another week menaing it is stuck in my garage until then.

THANKS to everyone in advance michael

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
story of my life with this car one problem after another
Boy I cant wait to get shot of it and get myself a descent car.
I used to enjoy driving so much but this car has taken all the enjoyment out of it.

I will never buy another c max infact i will never buy another for period.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well a mate of mine who works in a garage today had a look at the car and the alternater is charging the battery and the battery itself is fine.
He tryed to put the car on the diagnostics and the car wont allow it to connect so I am no further along to finding what the problem is.
The car now runs again as the battery is charged and the car is running as it should. I just have the engine light on.
So i guess it is off to ford for them to see what this latest problem is. I hate this car more and more everyday.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the car is all sorted now and this time it was me that caused the problem. I put redex petrol injection cleaner in the car. Ford saied I should not have put redex in the car and saied that me doing this is what made the engine light come on as redex is designed to clean out the injection system and when it did the engine detected what it saw to be a fault and the engine light then came on.

As for the battery and alternater they are fine so I have no clue at all why the battery went dead but hey it just another thing to add to the list of things that has gone wrong on this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts