Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Started the 56 2Litre Auto up the other morning and oil warning light stayed on for about 15/20 secs and then went out as usual. Left home drove about 3 miles and oil light came on again while driving. Stopped the car checked oil again and it was OK.
Started up again and oil light worked was normal.
No problem for about 10 days and then light came on again when driving, stayed on just a few secs and went out.
Any other experiences of this problem.
Dougie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Oil level is good before starting, Max on the dipstick. Keep a regular check on this, heard too many horror stories about wrecked engines.
Dougie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Serviced by the Ford dealer and I assume it's an OK oil as it's under warranty for two years.
Had some suggestions from my local garage (not the Ford dealer). Sticky oil pump, bit of dirt or grit in the pipe.
Personally I feel it could be an electrical fault, but thats probably an uninteligent guess.
Dougie

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If it`s dirt or grit
,that could cauce havoc in the engine.As it`s under warrenty,take it back & get them to sort it,otherwise you could loose the engine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shouldnt be a sticky oil pump as they are usually driven from crankshaft as to grit or dirt shouldnt be there because pumped oil goes through the filter. I would guess at dodgy sensor possibly bad wiring loose plug etc. If you could do a diagnostic and check it whilst its running you may see oil pressure hit an instant zero this an electric fault as even a dodgy oil pump will still give some pressure.I wouldnt drive it with the oil light on get a diagnostic done or even change the oil sensor at least then you will know its not the sensor. Good luck with this and keep us updated if you can.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
Thanks for that, most helpful post yet, and that's also my train of thought. Its not done it again since my first post. However I think I will get it checked out. Difficult to explain to the garage when it's so intermettent. Will keep you pasted in time.
Thanks
Dougie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Again Folks,
Car to garage today to get the problem diagnosed. It seems Lazy B hit it on the head, it was a faulty sensor.
Alas they failed to obtain a replacement today so will need a return visit to get it changed. Although should not take long, hopefully.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Dougie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts