Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil warning light has come on a few times during the last couple of weeks on our 7 year old 1.8 LX. The oil level was down a little but well above min. It's used less than 1 litre of oil in between annual services during the 5 years we've had the car, so to date it's not been a big oil user/burner. It has 60,585 miles on the clock and we do about 10,000 miles a year. With the engine cold, if you run the engine, stop it and turn the ignition straightback on, it takes 7 seconds for the oil warning light to come back on. Repeat that with a warm engine and the oil light comes back on immediately when you turn the ignition back on. I'm not sure if there should still be at least some delay there, evenwith the oil warmed up?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />I've had a good look round the postings and there doesn't seem to bemuch about oil pressure and/or the oil warning light, so I'm guessing this might not be a common C-Max problem, but I'd appreciateany adviceon this. One thing I would like to know is, would this show up as a fault code stored on the ECU?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same problem, I carried out a oil change today all was fine for about 15 minutes while I was driving into town to pick up the wife then up come the oil light, I bought a sensor but I can't find where the sensor is? Can anyone help I've a diesel 1.8 ecomax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar in a big rain, and flood. Water can short the cable to ground. that'why the oil pres. light come up. Check the wire, insulate it. And maybe the sensor gone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts