Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all can anyone explain how you should change oil and filter on dtci 1.6 54 c-max
not sure about the filter,

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Not fully certain because I'm looking forthe same info

I think the filter is somewhere up round the back of the fuel filter and that you need an extension socket and UJ with I believe a 24 or 27mm socket. I think I understand that it is a metal filter body with the nut shape formed into the bottom that you unscrew and replace a paper element

In relation to the sump plug I understand that this is an "Allen Key" and that you should replace the copper sealing ring each time.

The oil for ford diesel has it's own ford spec however Halfords do do a 5L container of this which is just fractionally bigger than required

Can anyone add anything more a much for my benefit as well pleae?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi guys the oil filter on a 2.0 tdci is on the right of the diesel filter but about 8 inches below it. It has a metal body and a black plastic top with (i think) a 27mm nut moulded into the top. This unscrews the top off the filter body and you then replace the paper element inside. When i changed mine i couldnt believe how tight it was and thought it would break but it didnt. Hope this helps

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
An update of where the 1.6 Diesel oil filter is
After a lock of Google and a final check on my own
The filter does appear to be the plastic top variety with the nut formed into it
It's positioned almost directly below the pipe between the air box and the turbo charger inlet facing at an angle towards the air box so I'm not sure if the box might have to come out. The top does appear to come out from the top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts