Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had what most ghia c-maxes have had and thats "limited ebp failure" and sure enough got a new altenator fitted 2 months ago.

All is well....until today...

After driving about 2 miles the abs light came on and then the "limited epb failure " warning came up.I parked up, and left the car for a while. Started up agian and sure enough the same thing happened again.

Anybody got any ideas????

my local ford want £73+ vat for a full diognostic check and software upload. Or doI go back to the place where I bought the cmax ( which is not a main dealer, its a car supermarket and the car is 4 months out of warranty ) and kick up a fuss??

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Are you in the AA or RAC? if so ring them & say your car won`t start,when they come out & it starts,ask them to check your battery & alt.I know it`s cheeky but it`s one way of knowing.The other thing,the alt should have come with 12 months gaurentee,go back & tell them what`s happened,but only if you know from AA/RAC if it is that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new update. drove 60 miles over the weekend and no warnings came up.

drove over the biggest pothole in the world on the way home today and the abs light came on along with the limited epb function. so could there be a loose connection to a abs sensor at one of the wheels???Edited by: damien

1 - 6 of 6 Posts