Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok trust me to have an odd prob but here goes, the heater works ok but there seems to be few cold spots , sort of like faint draught coming in, (about gear stick level)so i directed fans to mostly compensate and its bit better,but now it mostly happens when going round bends etc, this really is odd!! any advice please!!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
How about a partially loose pipe to one of the vents and slight facia movement with body roll is causing the plastic to move slightly to cause a gap for a draft

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard G said:
How about a partially loose pipe to one of the vents and slight facia movement with body roll is causing the plastic to move slightly to cause a gap for a draft

sort of crossed my mind as to what you have said, will tell garage , thankyou very much from
pamEdited by: pam116

·
Registered
163 Posts
I too have noticed a 'cold draught' when cornering. Thought it was a long lost relative trying to get in touch from the other side but reading this thread makes me wonder?
It is around about the gear lever area and is a definate chilly blow. Only when turning , very strange.
In the summer it probably wont be noticable. Must be a hole in the firewall somewhere.

coat, hat, dorr...............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I've noticed this strange phenomenon in my car also, (2.0TDI Ghia) only had it a month so yet to drive it in milder conditions, thought it was just me!
Brian.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well dont feel so bad now i know its not my imagination, but it is a very odd thing though ay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have this same problem on my 1.8 ghia 04 but i also had it on my 2000 focus 1.6 both petrol it happens because when the car is cornered the heating duct is swivelled away from the vents and the cold air is then blown through the bottom of the console

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cpitt said:
i have this same problem on my 1.8 ghia 04 but i also had it on my 2000 focus 1.6 both petrol it happens because when the car is cornered the heating duct is swivelled away from the vents and the cold air is then blown through the bottom of the console

had an idea it was summat like that but you have explained it so i can understand it. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all

have noticed that to only when its been cold of anyt or of a morning?

round the gear stick level on me knees but u can feel it, when going around corners or round abouts... strange never thought anythink of it....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't noticed this in my c-max but i had a galaxy before and i swear there was only this one corner on my way to work and i'd have a cold draught round the gear stick! Spooky xXx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts