Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have had my 1.8 Zetec for 6 months now and been really pleased with it. Only thing to complain about is the notchy gearchange. I searched on this and saw it may be related to cale adjustment. Is this a warranty item and/or anything else it could be?

Regarding rear noise, I have a sort of rumbling noise that sounds like the start of wheel bearing issues. I understand it may also be tie rods. Any other thoughts and anyone else had similar problems?

Car is an 05 petrol Zetec - (ex-matability) - with aprroaching 60K miles.

Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you still have warrenty,it`s worth getting things checked out,Might be nothing but if it is,you can get it done by them.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
As to the rear noise does it change pitch or intensity if you go round either a left or right bend or have any weight in the rear (seats or load space)? and at different speeds

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rarely load the car to any great extent so haven't really noticed this. Just seems to be a constant low rumbling in a straight line or through corners - will take it out and test a few corners and listen closely. Will also check the fluid levels - (if it ever stops raining) . .
Thanks for the comments so far.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts