Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this post may be a bit long winded, but I think if I state all the facts then your help with diagnosis may be easier.
i have a 2003 2.0 tdi cmax,
I have no turbo boost and it looks like I’m being limited to 2,750 rpm eml light is on.
fault codes I’m seeing (using a friends Torque fault reader that goes to an app on his phone)
p0047 turbo boost solenoid
P0101 MAF sensor
P0113 air intake temperature (probably MAF related)
P0380 glow plug fault (I don’t have any problems with starting the car)
P2141 EGR fault ( I recently had this looked at by a garage who said they replaced the part but it wasn’t the problem so they put my old one back on again)

P0113 ( looks MAF related)
U1900 (looks like a instrument cluster fault)

I don’t have any type of smoke Coming from the exhaust that would suggest a knackered turbo, although friends following me have said there is a small amount of black smoke when I’m driving along. I do have a smell of exhaust fumes when I start the car up, it seems to come out of the front of the car and can be smelt by the drivers door...
i have ordered a new MAF sensor, and I’m going to look at the vacuum boost valve on the side of the block, I will also have a look at the vacuum pipes for leaks etc.
im wondering if I have a crack in the exhaust manifold by the EGR and maybe this isn’t allowing the EGR to operate properly which is in turn affected my turbo boost??
any help will be most appreciated
many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying nighthawk, have reset the codes but most of the above came back...have replaced the MAF sensor but still no joy, I have cleaned the MAP sensor, still no joy...so tomorrow is removing the EGR and seeing if it needs cleaning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts