Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone. I've recently bought myself a 2004 Focus C-Max 1.8 petrol from an auction and have to say that aside from the fuel consumption, which could be better, I'm enjoying the 'new motor'.

I am having a problem with the privacy/sun screen in the rear left hand door panel (it won't roll down, just hangs there) and I can't find a way in to have a look at it
. Does anyone know how to get the interior door panel off or access the roller?

Many thanks for any help!

·
Registered
280 Posts
EggBanjo
Hi and welcome to the site. I have a 2.0 litre Ghia and every now and again one of mine stick.

There is bound to be someone on here who has removed the door panel, if not send LAWE a PM as I know he has a maintainance DVDfor the C-Max (as do others) and he will definitely let you know.

I'm sure its just held on with some torque (star shaped) screws and clips so is probably very simple....... well to someone who knows what they are doing.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I got my 57 plate 2 0 lt. zetac at the beinnung of Feb. & one of my sun screens was a bit floppy , I just pulled it up & let it go back a few times & gradually got tighter . Hope this helps .

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Mine being a 53 plate 2004 model I bought used,it did not have sun screens.I decided to get the ford aftermarket set from Jennings Ford.These are brilliant they just push on over all the rear windows (inc hatch),so in the winter I just take them off to let in more light & in the sun ??? I clip them back in.Brilliant.

·
Registered
280 Posts
MM, got any pictures of them? or part numbers etc as it might help the peeps that dont have the integral ones.
Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted. I managed to get the door panel off without causing any damage, and access the roller (which I bust attempting to re-tension the spring). I'll get a new one ordered and hey-presto, hopefully as good as new.

Many thanks to Rob for pointing me in the right direction and particularly to Steve for the info.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
No worries, thats what a forum is for.... I hope you get the parts and they don't cost too much either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts