Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the site having recently purchased a 54 reg Focus C-Max 1.6 LX TDCI.
I've said goodbye to my 10 year old 1.8 petrol Volvo S40, I shall miss its high spec luxury but (hopefully) looking forward to the practicality & frugality of the C-Max (the joys that children,a dog & middle age bring!)

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
As another owner of a 54 1.6 TDci we have both got the pleasure of the VED from next April (2010) going DOWN to £90

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As another owner of a 54 1.6 TDci we have both got the pleasure of the VED from next April (2010) going DOWN to £90
Great stuff! I was unaware of that.

How is fuel economy on yours? Early days for me but I got 47mpg from my first tank of diesel, not quite the 57mpg Ford claim.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
YOu ought to get 45 just about whatever you do and closer to 50 if you are a little more gentle, the weather is slightly warmer and everything is set right including tyre pressures

Manufacturers claims are not made in the real world of driving but in controlled special test set ups

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi welcome to the site,glad your happy with your C-Max.
Let us know your thoughts after a couple of weeks.
MM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MetalMicky08 said:
Let us know your thoughts after a couple of weeks.
MM
Fuel economy poor, down to 42mpg on the last full tank. Fitted a new air filter in the hope it will improve things.

Car is off the road at the moment. Whilst driving it on Saturday the ignition warning light came on, then the ABS light came on, went off, then back on again, then the power steering failed. Yep, it's the dreaded faulty alternator.
Fortunately it's under warranty from the garage I bought it from & will be replaced on Wednesday.

To be honest if I can't get fuel economy above 50mpg then I'll be trading it in for something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts