Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

im picking my 2004 54 plate cmax up on next satyrday after trading in my well loved vw passat estate!!! due to the milage im doing now i needed a diesel.

anyway the focus cmax is a 2.0tdci zetec with a 6 speed box.

its a really nice motor and hopefully i will be well happy with it!!

i just have a few questions im hoping the owners on here will be able to help me with.

1. the trip computer on the dash was showing the mileage to empty in km?? is this normal??

2. i noticed to little dot lights on the dash ,one orange /one red, what are these for as the orange one was on for the test drive but went out after we had got back .

3. has anyone put a different stereo in the dash , do you need a new plastic surround??

4. has anyone ever fitted an after market hid xenon headlight kit to there car?? i noticed that there isnt much room to do a bulb change on these car??

thats all for now peeps!!

cheers

steve

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
To answer some of your questions,the trip computer can be reset to miles,as can temp be set between f & c.The red & orange lights on the dash,were they the shape of a snow flake?If it was,red means severe frost warning & amber means frost warning.As for the stereo,you can fit a different one,Sony do one &no you don`t need to modify the dash.The headlights I don`t think can be changed.The bulbs can.I have put Phillips into mine & they are so much better,I also changed the sode light bulds,these cane free with the headlight bulbs.Main beam were also upgraded to Phillips & again I got 2 free side light bulds which I put in the foot wells (nice blue shade).Hope all this helps in some way.

MM

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply!!

the little orange light was just a dot like an led if you know what i mean??

ive already got a pioneer headunit which has bluetooth handsfree which works well with my phone hence why i want to fit this in the c max

cheers

steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts