Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am now the proud owner of the above car. I have a question.

Rear parking sensors.

My car has the telltale circles on the rear bumper (not sure about the front) and when I put it into reverse, the display changes to the grey window with the image of a car.

Admittedly I haven't parked or reversed anywhere yet where there would be something behind me, but what is the distance at which they will start beeping and is it normal that no lines are displayed around the car image if there is nothing detectable? Should it start beeping as soon as I put it in reverse or does it only beep when it detects something?

The manual says that Parking sensors can be turned off (which I don't want to do) but I can't see a button or setting anywhere to turn it off. The manual doesn't show an image for a button or anything so I am a bit worried at the moment that I don't have sensors.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so I updated the car to the latest sync 3 software and tried the parking sensors out. when I reverse I now see the bars at the back of the car. I don't know if this is a visual change in the software but it started beeping as it should so all good. :)

Still, one question is the manual says that the sensors can be turned off but doesn't say how. There doesn't appear to be a button on the dashboard so is this even possible on a 2017 Grand CMax?

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, so I updated the car to the latest sync 3 software and tried the parking sensors out. when I reverse I now see the bars at the back of the car. I don't know if this is a visual change in the software but it started beeping as it should so all good. :)

Still, one question is the manual says that the sensors can be turned off but doesn't say how. There doesn't appear to be a button on the dashboard so is this even possible on a 2017 Grand CMax?
I’m the same, I would love to know how you turn them off. There is definitely no button to turn them off on the dash.

·
Registered
100 Posts
IIRC there isn't a switch if you only have rear sensors, they switch on with reverse gear.

Both my last C-Max and current one have sensors both front and rear so there's a switch on the dash to turn them off but I don't recall ever having used it.

I've tried to add a photo but there's some sort of security problem so I can't show the switch, it's got a P with a cone symbol next to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts