Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i recently bought a C-Max 1.8Flexifuel from 2008 in Titanium facelift version.
I m a mechanic and will be soon 62.
Before this car i have owned several older fords.
The last car was a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0JTS Selespeed Sportwagon facelift wich gave me a lot of driving fun, but getting little older i had to look for a car with better comfort while getting in and out of the car.
I have looked at other types and models, but this car gave me the best options.
The Alfa gave me some problembs in the 6 years i owned her but managed to solve the most myself, one big problem they have is the oil consumption because of bad piston rings, i could not solve. So i was glad that i did not have to put every 1K miles a liter of 10W60 oil in it.
But after driving 2 weeks 600Km with the c-max i checked the oil-dip and saw no oil in it and had to fill it up with 1 liter oil.
At the moment i m tr ying to clean up the engine and hopefully this comes from bad service and not from worn piston rings or from walve seals.
The car came with winter tires on steal rims, so i upgraded it with summer tires and alloy wheels for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How nice to see a fellow Dutchman on this forum!
I am living in the UK for not too long. So still finding out all things. A bit different from Holland ;-)
I hope you'll find the solution to your oil consumption! I am very lucky in that respect. I sometimes wonder if my C-Max actually uses any oil :unsure: Haha.

Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, nice to see you ED.
I joined here to see if i could get some solutions, because in Netherlands i could not find a specifiek c-max forum other then focus en fiesta.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Klopt!

Well for me it is the same reason.
Want to learn more about the car specifics and how to avoid/solve issues.

Hope it is an active forum, not to sure about that tbh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts