Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-just brought 1.6 2005 last week-all fine apart that we only received 1 key-the garage only received the 1 key as well-they did say if I was to get a spare key they would re-programme it for me which seems the big cost...looking on ebay a spare remote -3 button fob with key ready to be cut is about £30-just wondering if this is the best option-also I guess I have to make sure the part number of remote fob is exactly the same?? and can I get the key cut at any locksmiths??
or is it worth just buying the keyblade without the remote control for about £10 so at least i have a spare for emergency
thanks for any suggestions-i just dont want to buy something and find i can not use it !!!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Even the ordinary (non remote kry ) will have to be progtammed to be able to start the car even if you turn the key in the lock to open the door or the bonnet

I would have thought that as the car would originally have been sold with two keys you have a claim against the dealer to provide this second key UNLESS they said SPECIFICALLY there was a reduction for them not supplying it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts