Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

I have just bought a 2007 1.6 tdi and thought it worth posting and update you on the jobs!

Anyway it's for the wife and we bought it with the knowledge that it has some engine problems - so I am now a week in and the first job was to get a reader which was a torque elm327 Pro ! OK I guess found the car no problem but the android interface left a lot to be desired not to mention limited functions !

So the problem was the car would cut out and restart by turning the key off and on, after some research it seemed like it was likely to be a fuel problem and likely to be the fuel filter at a guess - which sort of contradicts to codes read " P024f Charge Air Cooler Bypass Position Sensor "A" Circuit High, P0171 P0174 " which again from the web tells me to clean the ERG and Maf parts.

Anyway all seem easy jobs to do which hopefully I will do this weekend if the weather allows and the parts come from ECPs in time!

Other jobs that need to be sorted are a wobble in the steering and cam belt change (have no idea if this has ever been done), oil is contaminated with diesel (at a guess) presumably from failed re-gens - the car has 140000 on the clock and no service history even though the old man we bought it from spent loads on repairing it but was ripped off by the garage (he was told that it needed injectors to fix this fault +the garage also only changed one broken spring (who changes one) and apparently used heat to remove one of the steering arms!

So any advice + does anyone know if I have pat additive tank that I should be aware of (as I can not find the warning light) and what are the differences on the 2007+ models apart from the exterior look

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok just an update (encase someone reads this with the same problem)- changed the fuel filter and removed the inlet part with the maf sensor in to clean it but it was spotless and I just put it back - anyway the problem seemed to be the ERG which was blocked with dust, easy to clean when you have managed to get it off - the main problem was putting it back on (what a pain), anyway runs really well now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke a little to soon - last night the P024f code is back , no reason and the car did not cut out just the engine light came on again !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts