Ford C-Max Forum banner

new c-max

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Denzil Cootlar 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the new c-max, featured in auto express a while back, is due to go on sale? I will be changing mine in March 2010 and I would like this new model.

#2 ·
I would not get your hopes up.

In the current economic climate I think a number of the manufacturers are putting back development and new models in an attempt to survive the cash crisis. I am sure I haveread that Vauxhall have putthe launch of arevamped Meriva back by at least a year for example.

#5 ·
Its a shame they wont be bringing out an ST version.... I would imagine they would sell really well and not impact too much on sales of the Focus ST either.

Only because its likely to be a different sort of person buying the C-Max over the Focus. I'd have one.....

I mean Vauxhall have done it by makinga VXR version of their tiny Meriva (1.6 Turbo) and also the Zafira (2.0 Turbo).

#7 ·
Richard G said:
I wouldn't have a new car in principle because of the value loss as soon as you drive off the dealers and I also wouldn't be one of the first to have a new model. Let some poor other SOP do the final manufaturers development / reliability testing
Depends where you get it from. I gotorderedmine via'drivethedeal.com' and got a brand new c-max from a ford dealer at a better price than a nearly new car. It was a factory order so ordered a few extras too

I checked withmy localdealer first to see if they would match the deal. They could do the same price but excluding the options unless I purchased a nearly new in which case they would get close.

In this case in made sense to go for the new model. The discounts from brokers are massive on most ford models.

#8 ·
Drivethedeal & other such companies is definately the way to go.A good mate of mine recently bought a Renault (Sorry for swearing) from one of these companies & saved over £6000.Mind you I wouldn`t want one of these as the electrics are rubbish,I`ll stick with my trusty C-Max

#9 ·
Drivethedeal.com were brilliant with me. They take your details and pass them on the dealer. You pay the dealer a deposit, the car is ordered, you collect or have the car delivered by a ford dealer.

I got Titanium 1.8 flexifuel in black with cruise control, panoramic roof, front & rear parking sensors, privacy class, 6 disc Sony stereo, bluetooth with voice control and metallic paint for £14600. It arrived 10 weeks after ordering which isn't bad for a factory order.

If you use a broker check them out first, I almost used another broker but googled them first, there were a lot of complaints.

#10 ·
Nice deal on the 1.8 Titanium.
Got the 2.0 Titanium, in silver, with Sports 3 pack (List is £1000) for £13995, from DirectFord.com - Should of gone for the bluetooth voice control tho!
New model seems to be unknown. AutoExpress are saying August 2009. AutoCar are May 2010, with new Focus end of 2010. Be extremely surprised if it showed up this year. Normally, facelifts last at least 2.5 to 3 years before replacing. Think Ford are working on that basis. They're only just completing the new chassis development, still working on the engines. The new 178bhp 1.6 sounds nice! Or the 198bhp 2.0 diesel!
Mind you, the new model will have the same suspension as the current model, so that will save a lot of development time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.