Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Could someone advise me what the fault could be? The doors unlocking system doesn't work, the dash is not on expect a couple of lights on a couple of buttons. When I turn a key the car doesn't start and there's no buzzing sound which I experienced when the car had a flat battery before. A friend tried to jump start me the other day, but it didn't work. We might have connected a negative lead wrong as it's tricky to get to it. Could it be a completely dead battery? Or a fuse? Something else?

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you connected the jump leads the wrong way around you may have fried the ECU or worse.
But hope fully it's a bad battery or wire , try cleaning both of the battery connectors an check the battery lead where it joins the body of the car, or try another known to be good and charged battery above check and double check the battery connections are correct before connecting a battery or jump leads..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you access to a battery charger ? Take the battery out, stick it on overnight . Hopefully you haven't blown any fuses or damaged any control modules when you possibly connected the leads up wrong - also check the big fat earth lead from the battery .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts