Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
After a recent downpower I saw "power steering failure" message.
It disappeared on restart.
But now I seem to get any one of "power steering failure","Engine systems failure", and "transmission failure".
And yet very occasionally none of the above appear and the car starts and appears to operate ok.

I changed the battery a year ago and have checked the GEM module for water.
I wonder if anyone has experienced similiar where these faults come and go.

Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have you tried smacking the dash pot, maybe the solder has given up, its quite a common fault.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well it was a dash pod :) and you gave it a wake (wack) ;) So now you need to consider taking it out and having the solder re-flowed before it affects the immobilizer and stops the car altogether.
You can do it yourself if you have the skills or several on Ebay will do yours for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it was a dash pod :) and you gave it a wake (wack) ;) So now you need to consider taking it out and having the solder re-flowed before it affects the immobilizer and stops the car altogether.
You can do it yourself if you have the skills or several on Ebay will do yours for you.
appreciated thanks. i can solder but i think i will get a pro to do it from ebay. thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an fyi, i did the soldering myself. I had never soldered before so i had to buy a cheap 40w on ebay.
Removing the unit is 2 torx screws and taking it apart was a doddle.
This video explains it all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using ford focus c-max 2005
It suddenly gets into code and wouldn't kick except system decoder is been applied to decode before it starts
Secondly it automatically gets into handbrake while I'm driving and loses acceleration.
Please I need an urgent help. Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was ask to replace my brain box,but I need to be sure of what the issue is forst,because if I jab into gallops the handbrake goes back to normal. It keeps coming on and off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an fyi, i did the soldering myself. I had never soldered before so i had to buy a cheap 40w on ebay.
Removing the unit is 2 torx screws and taking it apart was a doddle.
This video explains it all.
thanks. is it still working ok for you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts