Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mudflaps and MPG question.
Fitted mudlaps to my last 2.0l tdci and over the year I had it gave 43-45 mpg. Never happy with that car so now have another 2.0l tdci, (newer and without the niggles.) The mudflaps for this one are still to be fitted, they are in the packets in the shed!

Now I know this is stupid but the newer Max is doing 53-54 mpg and my question is are the air brake design of ford mudflaps going to reduce the mpg?!!
I actually think my indicated mpg figures must have been very pessimistic on my first and now perhaps optimistic on the second car.

The answeris to get off my butt and fit the things. I cannot see them making any significant effect but they arequite large.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Morning Doris,I don`t think they will make much if any difference.As to your mpg the book says 50.4 combined but recently I`m getting 55.Oh by the wat mine`s a 53 plate 2.0 TDCI with 73000 on the clock.Love it.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Even if the flaps make a slight difference to the MPG they'll make a bigger diffeence to any prospective costs to repairing the front sills for stone chips

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, Richard. They are going on whatever, just waiting for a nice day!
Roll on Spring.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I fitted mud flaps to my car a while back and it has made no difference to my mpg it was rubbish before i fitted then and it is still rubbish now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts