Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help with this annoying problem, I find that after a journey especially in the wet when I have had the heater on, sometimes also the aircon, I park the car as I did this morning and when I return all the windows are totally misted up inside.
It doesn't take too long to clear them but it is the first csr that has given me this problem, it being a 54 C-Max Ghia 2.0 tdci

Appreciate any suggestions

Merry Christmas
Tony

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I`ve got the same problem on my 53.2.0TDCI.The pollen filter has just been changed by our star member mjShort79 and this has helped loads,however,it did mist up again last nite as soon as I got in
,but no where near as bad as before.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yep me to boys, however i have a cunning plan
I now carry with me the squeegee i use on the house windows and use it on the inside of the windscreen catching all the liquid in the absorbent cloth that lives in the car as well, at least this stops the windscreen getting marks on it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, must remember to send the wife into the car first, complete with the squeegee, that's if she has finished cleaning the house windows, hope she doesn't read this

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep guys I'm still ducking and diving, after she read it, back in good books just wrapped her present, ( Not a new Squeegee!) :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
tonyweb said:
Just noted the posting time is an hour adrift, or is it because i'm on Scottish Time??
If you go into member control panel and forum preferences you can add 1 hour to the times so that it will show the correct time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
tonyweb said:
Can anybody help with this annoying problem, I find that after a journey especially in the wet when I have had the heater on, sometimes also the aircon, I park the car as I did this morning and when I return all the windows are totally misted up inside.
It doesn't take too long to clear them but it is the first csr that has given me this problem, it being a 54 C-Max Ghia 2.0 tdci

i too have this problem, park my car at 8am at work, go to it at 5 and its really steamed up on the inside, yet my colleagues who do same hours theres are clear!!!!!!!!! damned annoying, anyone had and fixed the prob????

·
Registered
14 Posts
lazyb said:
Hi pam even took out my cabin filter and its improved but it still happens.

really annoys me but looks like its a prob they have, my hubbys old mondeo was terrible for it, yet my tiny( ex puma) there was no mist ever to be seen on inside, but she had many quirky little faults. thanks anyway

·
Registered
16 Posts
_popupControl();
I reckon its partly down to the size of car. More air inside, more water in air that will cool on windscreen.
Ours will be bad for a few days if say, its been wet out on the weekend and all 4 of us have been out and about in it. Wet feet and coats in the car warming up as we drive home. Windows shut. Next morning all misty.
Open all the windows on a dry day and drive along to get it all out (brr)

A new pollen filter will make the heating more efficient and clear it quicker though.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I think there are lots of us with this problen (unless you`ve a heated screen).My solution.Send the wife out 10mins before I need to leave Usually works but my head hurts for several mins after.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good idea from Crankup re open windows,,but will have to put our Thermals on it's a bit cold up here.!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have the same problem with my 54 plate 1.6LX. Found it alot better if I turn off the auto air con when I switch the blower on to demist. If I don't, the whole car is misted up when I return.........misted.......no............p***** wet through!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
A few weeks ago,got in & drove off,windows fine.Went shopping & by the time I`d loaded up the screen was misted up.Tried every thing to clear it,no good.Had to ese newspaper to clear it in the end,but within mins it misted up again.Tried driving rest of way home (7 miles) with windows down & this did not help much either.The pollen filter has now been changed & it`s much better,however it still mists up.Today for instance,I have not used the car but by 6.45pm the screen was completely misted up.I have a pad/wipe & chamois to wipe before driving,but it`s a real pain.Wish fraud had sorted this problem before starting to sell the car,they must have know,surely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts