Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. new member as of today, I am involved in a group of volunteers who act as a courier service for our local hospitals, one of our vehicles is a C Max, 63 reg 1.6 diesel. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me with.
The rear seat belts are different in length, can i buy an extension, local ford dealer says never seen this before.
I need to remove front seats in order to deep clean the carpets, any advice on the procedure would be appreciated.
Great vehicle, good mpg, no aches or pains after daily runs, easy driver.

·
Registered
13 plate 1.6 tdci grand titanium
9 Posts
i seem to remember seat belt extention for (pardon the quote) larger people in cars..the seats are fastened in by bolts on the floor. just watch for wires under the seat that need disconnecting

·
Registered
430 Posts
Before front seat removal disconnect the battery (got the radio code?) and leave for 20mins as one of the plugs is for airbags and you dont want that going off. If you go to ebay for belt extenders be VERY sure you buy ones to British standards and not some cheapo Chinese junk. It may be someones life it saves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i seem to remember seat belt extention for (pardon the quote) larger people in cars..the seats are fastened in by bolts on the floor. just watch for wires under the seat that need disconnecting
Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before front seat removal disconnect the battery (got the radio code?) and leave for 20mins as one of the plugs is for airbags and you dont want that going off. If you go to ebay for belt extenders be VERY sure you buy ones to British standards and not some cheapo Chinese junk. It may be someones life it saves.
Many thanks for the advice,it is a bit of a minefield

1 - 6 of 6 Posts