Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the maf sensor has been discussed to death on here and I’ve read most of them posts to try and diagnose my problem. 2004 1.6 tdci 109. Car randomly goes into what feels like limp mode but without any dash warning lights. Complete loss of power, makes driving ridiculous! I blanked the egr valve, still had the same problem. I noticed a small split in the maf to turbo hose so changed that, cleaned the maf sensor while I was at it and it worked for a week but the problem came back. I unplugged the maf sensor and the problem went away. I assumed the maf sensor was knackered Bought and fitted the new maf sensor, and the problem has returned! So I’ve unplugged it again and the car runs ok.
Any ideas?
cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have a code reader to read the fault codes?
I’ll be hooking it up to Forscan, hopefully this weekend. Never used it before, any tips?
Today I plugged the new maf back in, the eml is still on and it’s running ok so far, although it’ll probably not last! I thought i would use forscan to read then clear the errors and remove the eml.

·
Registered
537 Posts
hi, yeah forscan is a good program to use. its pretty straight forward just connect your cable it connects to the vehicle itself. there is a button on the right for fault codes lablled DTC. once you have the codes pop them on here and we can help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi, yeah forscan is a good program to use. its pretty straight forward just connect your cable it connects to the vehicle itself. there is a button on the right for fault codes lablled DTC. once you have the codes pop them on here and we can help!
Brilliant. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
So te fault codes for p0100 and p0102 relate to the maf sensor. First you need to check to see if you have a good 5v to the sensor. If you pm me your reg I will look at the wiring diagram for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts