Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, my CMax went in this morning for its radio change...lets see what happens when i pick it up later...........

I was told the same thing as you Telboy - apparently the replacement radios are issued by Visteon, who dodnt actually hold them in stock and drag their heels about organising replacements. When Visteon told my dealer that they didnt have any replacements on hand, he then took this info directly to Fords who organised the replacement themselves (!?!?!) as i say, this is just what i have been told by my dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just picked up the car and DAB is now working.....

However, if as they say they have replaced the radio unit, how come the unit is still paired to my phone, contains all my saved voice commands (i.e. telephone short cuts etc) and th Sat Nav still has all my saved locations and Home details?

Is this information stored away from the radio unit?

To be honest, i am rather pleased that all this info is still stored, as it would take a while to put them all back in again :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just picked up the car and DAB is now working.....

However, if as they say they have replaced the radio unit, how come the unit is still paired to my phone, contains all my saved voice commands (i.e. telephone short cuts etc) and th Sat Nav still has all my saved locations and Home details?

Is this information stored away from the radio unit?

To be honest, i am rather pleased that all this info is still stored, as it would take a while to put them all back in again :)
When I had problems was told by the dealer that each unit DAB, normal Radio etc were seperate units? Also suggest that you check with your dealer to see if you have a new unit or a refurb (which is the norm for replacements)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didnt ask if it was a refurb unit or not, but again to be honest, i'm not too bothered. The original unit failed and i guess that was not a refurb so i dont see any real benefit of having a new one.

As i say, i didnt ask, and if i did i am doubtful that they would tell me if it was a refurb or not.

DAB is now working and thats all im bothered about..........

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Success, after 14 weeks of waiting had a phone call on Monday to say replacement radio unit has arrived and booked it in for today. Arrived at 08.40, unit swapped over, back on the road at 09.30 with a working DAB radio.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone fit that occasionally (I guess when the DAB signal weakens) that say if you have a voice at that particular moment it will repeat once the signal 'locks in' again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My DAB packed up completely last year. The local dealer quickly fixed it by replacing the DAB module. Ford radio/satnav.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bumping the thread, I bought a 2011 CMax in January and recently took it in for its second service including software upgrades.
The car has come back far more driveable than before (mpg up to 48.5 at the moment) but the DAB radio has stoppped working!
Everything else works fine - Bluetooth, iPod, FM and MW but no DAB.
Is there anything else I can do to try to "reset" the system before returning the car to be fixed?

Andy T

·
Registered
3 Posts
I appreciate this is an old thread, but did people get the issues resolved? I've just purchased (picked it up 2 weeks ago) an 11 plate CMax and while on holiday in Wales, the DAB packed up. I am unable to select DAB1 (it just come up with a "loading" style wheel, like Windows 7 "busy") and then reverts to DAB2 (which I last had it on), but saying 'No reception' and the scan doesn't function.

I'm not sure Ford will do anything as I've just checked the warranty I purchased with it and it doesn't look to include "multimedia". :(

Off to speak to them this morning anyway...

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I appreciate this is an old thread, but did people get the issues resolved? I've just purchased (picked it up 2 weeks ago) an 11 plate CMax and while on holiday in Wales, the DAB packed up. I am unable to select DAB1 (it just come up with a "loading" style wheel, like Windows 7 "busy") and then reverts to DAB2 (which I last had it on), but saying 'No reception' and the scan doesn't function.

I'm not sure Ford will do anything as I've just checked the warranty I purchased with it and it doesn't look to include "multimedia". :(

Off to speak to them this morning anyway...
irrespective of warranty or otherwise Sale of Goods Act would cover something like that

·
Registered
3 Posts
irrespective of warranty or otherwise Sale of Goods Act would cover something like that
Cheers Richard. As it goes, the DAB reception came back this morning. I'm wondering if it was something to do with rain water shorting a circuit or something. I lost reception just after a massive downpour and it's come back after being parked in strong sunlight...

·
Registered
13 Posts
dab radio not working

i have just got back from touring Cornwall ,Devon and Somerset and the dab radio in my 2011 c max 2.0 diesel has stopped working i will try the ford bluetoth compatibility site and let you know what happens

·
Registered
13 Posts
dab radio stopped working

i could not find any download on ford bluetooth compatibility site so left well alone used FM instead suddenly and better than ever dab radio working again last friday
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just got this fault on my Ford DAB unit and it's still just under warranty. So it seems the only way to resolve this issue is fitting a complete new unit. Just thinking if it is the rain or washing is regularly that has caused any issues. The Ford mechanic has suggested it could be the DAB aerial.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update : Took to dealer and was fixed very quickly with a software update.
It seems they no longer need to replace the complete radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 'ICE-Mid Aud(1C) With Cnectv + DAB' as described by Ford. DAB failed for no reason on Saturday 6th. It just shows message 'service not available'. I am going into dealers tomorrow for their advice. The car is a 2011 Cmax

21 - 40 of 61 Posts