Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have totally lost DAB radio. All was working well until last week when on a day out to the Kent countryside the station we were listening to faded out of range. I tried another preset but this would not tune so I switched to listen on FM. When returning back home I could not get anything to work on DAB, none of the presets work and the seek button will not work either. Where we live is very close to transmitters and we have no problem with our home DAB radios. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have just had the same problem. Have solved the problem yet?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, took it back to Fords who spent a couple of days trying to find out what was wrong with it they were also liasing with Fords technical bods. Picked the car back up as needed to use it before Easter. However it's going back in Tuesday 10th for them to have another go. Watch this space.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest news. The garage has told me yesterday that they have traced the fault to a defective DAB aerial. They ordered a new one for delivery today, but no show. Apparantly it is on a 'back order', which means they haven't got one in stock. Got the car back and now have to wait for part to arrive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We lost DAB totally just before christmas, took the dealer 6 weeks to get a replacement from the supplier, seems Ford don't handle radio replacments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Oh to have dab reception! Oh to even have decent FM reception! Oh to be able to receive something other than 5 BBC stations and one utterly DIRE local station!
Still! I suppose that's the price I pay for living in the back of beyond and not having to bother locking doors or even taking the keys out of the car!
Every lining has a silver cloud!.....or something like that! CD player works good! Thank F***!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Went back today as part had arrived, part fitted but guess what still no DAB radio. They now say it's an internal fault and the radio unit needs to be changed. They said it could be a few weeks before they get it. Going by what was just mentioned by Toby53 I could be without DAB for sometime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's interesting your post should pop up now, my DAB radio has stopped working in recent weeks too. Out of interest, do you have the Sony radio /sat nav fitted ? I do, and will need to book my car in at some point to get it fixed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's interesting your post should pop up now, my DAB radio has stopped working in recent weeks too. Out of interest, do you have the Sony radio /sat nav fitted ? I do, and will need to book my car in at some point to get it fixed
Coyboydom, my unit is the Ford radio/satnav system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm this is getting stranger. Mine packed up too. Put DAB on one day to hear an announcement saying that the station I was tuned too had moved and i had to a certain date to retune. this was the same for a few stations. Did the retune and all DAB stopped a few days later. Took it into dealers who first thought that it would be a 'connect computer, reprogramme, reset' job. Then told they need car for a lot longer as radio needs to come out and all head lining dropping down to trace cables to DAB reciever. Sounds like a common fault has developed but nobody knows the answer yet. Clutch at straws time ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have noticed this morning that I have lost all DAB stations on the (Sony) system. It wont let me seek for any either. Sounds like a trip to the dealer. I am going to try the update sequence again although I did do it around 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a CMax 2010 1.6 Diesel Titanium with a Sony DAB Radio. Yesterday the DAB froze on Preset 8, saying signal unavailable. Non of the other presets will work or change the position of preset 8. The scan does nothing and although manual scan will move along the line, nothing is picked up. FM, AM, CD player and Aux work fine, it's just the DAB that seems to have froze. I took it to my local dealer who had a quick look and a fiddle, to no avail. So they are going to email Ford for a solution. Does anyone know of a simple sequence to reset the system or do I assume after reading this forum that the unit is faulty?

Thanks Richi2012

·
Registered
17 Posts
My DAB failed on my 11 plate C-Max Titanium about 4 weeks ago. I have the Ford radio option (witht the Sat Nav etc) not the Sony one. I took it to my local dealer who played around with it for a day and they have told me that it needs a new radio unit. They apparently have had a few in now with this problem, and from what i have read on here, it does seem to be a growing problem. Strange though that they all seemed to be going wrong around the same time?

My one stopped working shortly after the 'digital switch over' with the TV's, when we all had to re tune our TV's to the new digital frequencies............ is this just coincidence?

As i say though, that was 4 weeks ago, and i am still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive. I ring them every week to get an update and all i get in reply is that they are on back order with Fords! Good job its not an engine or gearbox replacement isnt it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My radio has been on order for just over 6 weeks, still nothing from Ford. Just going away for a week after which I will give them a ring as that will be 8 weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My radio has been on order for just over 6 weeks, still nothing from Ford. Just going away for a week after which I will give them a ring as that will be 8 weeks.
Finally got my dealer to chase ford/suppleir up and they agreed to supply and fit a 'New' unit, understand that process is usually to supply a refurb job. Ours went down about 4 weeks ago again, still waiting replacement.
Hope that Ford have solved the issue picking a new car up June 01

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is very odd as my DAB stations on my aftermarket Pioneer disappeared the other day. After accusing my wife that she had been playing around with the head unit I was able to retune all my DAB stations. She swore blind she didn't touch it....

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is very odd as my DAB stations on my aftermarket Pioneer disappeared the other day. After accusing my wife that she had been playing around with the head unit I was able to retune all my DAB stations. She swore blind she didn't touch it....
Problem with the Ford Dab in the C Max is that when it goes you cannot retune DAB at all, apperas to be a common fault.
Anyone know if the New Focus has the same issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Funny thing I was taking the 'old' back to the dealers to pick up a 12 plate, just treid the DAB and it worked aok

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's been over 8 week's now that Ford have had my replacement radio on order. Rang them today and all they said was that the radios come from a different company and are still waiting for it to come in. Apparently they have emailed the company to find out where it is! I am not happy.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts