Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, thank you in advance for any advice.

We are looking to spend about £8k on a grand c-max, seem to get a very reasonable car for your money at this point.

Looking at the fuel economy and £30 tax, the 1L ecoboost engine (would aim for 123bhp not 99) seems to be the better bet. However, I keep seeing warnings regarding the actual mpg vs stated mpg. We would rarely have full passengers and luggage, wondering if this engine would be sufficient. We are having to trade down my husband's car due to finances so I want to make sure he is going to be happy driving it. If the fuel economy is not that much better, I wonder whether to go for the 1.6 and give him a bit more oomph!! This also gives more choice of vehicles. I know this is all subjective but any advice would be very helpful. We are going to be sticking with this car for a while so don't want to get it wrong, any top searching tips also welcome.

thanks again,

julie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Julie and family,

I bought a 66 plate 1.0lt Ecoboost,123 hp, about 2 months ago. Mine's a 5 seater - the 7 seaters are not very common ; my other car is a 7 seat Touran, those 2 extra seats do come in handy on the odd occasion.
I'm very happy with the performance - 0-60 in about 11.5 seconds ( the same for the 7 seater) nice and spacious inside.
It's cheap to tax and ULEZ compliant - handy if you ever go to London. About the only downside is that it's not giving the economy I expected - by my reckoning, miles covered divided by petrol filled, 40 MPG
When it comes to searching for your car , I don't think you can go far wrong with Autotrader. You can search from a large data base and see what's Par for the course - just type in your specs.
Hope this goes some way to help you decide

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Julie and family,

I bought a 66 plate 1.0lt Ecoboost,123 hp, about 2 months ago. Mine's a 5 seater - the 7 seaters are not very common ; my other car is a 7 seat Touran, those 2 extra seats do come in handy on the odd occasion.
I'm very happy with the performance - 0-60 in about 11.5 seconds ( the same for the 7 seater) nice and spacious inside.
It's cheap to tax and ULEZ compliant - handy if you ever go to London. About the only downside is that it's not giving the economy I expected - by my reckoning, miles covered divided by petrol filled, 40 MPG
When it comes to searching for your car , I don't think you can go far wrong with Autotrader. You can search from a large data base and see what's Par for the course - just type in your specs.
Hope this goes some way to help you decide
Thank you so much for that, definitely the engine we are going to go for, just need to sell our other car!! There are a few suitable on autotrader at the mo pleased to say

1 - 3 of 3 Posts