Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , i test drove a cmax at the week end and we are picking it up next weekend as it was loverly!!

i was just wondering about a little orange light that was on the dash that waslit for the test drive???

as i didnt have chance to look at the owners manual i was just wondering what it waas??

when we got back from the test drive i asked the salesman, he didnt know but when we went out to look at it with him it went out??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also whilst im asking.....

the miles to empty display was in kms??? can you change this??

cheers

steve

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Yes as to change the display
There are several posts on the subject

The orange light could well have been the low fuel warning I can't think of any other "little" light on the dash except the red immobiliser one

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have three lights. I have a flashing red light. I havean orange light that comes on warning me theboot , doors , and bonnet are open I think it also comes on when washer fluid is low ,and I have another red ligh that once came on when I had a fault with the engine. When I have no petrol the petrol light comes on in the shape of an orange pump.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply!!

if i remeber correctly the orange light was a little dot that was just below and to the right of the rev counter (directly to the right of the number 6)

any ideas!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
was it like a orange snowflake? that means its below 5c outside. if it was a tiny orange light it means you have a problem!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deffo not a snowflake, it was a little dot!!

hope this isnt bad news , it did go off after we did the test drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
that dot is a warning lamp.
it can be either red (for serious problems) or orange (for less important problems).

for example, if the engine is running and there is a dor open, the dot will be lit and red. also, the dot will be red for brake or engine problems.

the dot will be lit and orange when there is a door ajar, when the remote key battery is low, for Low Washer Fluid Level and several other minor problems.

usually, there is also a message displayed, with details about the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts