Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help. Driving to work today in my 2006 zetec auto and noticed that the message "Limited EPB (!) Function" was displayed. I am concerned with a couple of things.
1) Is it ok to drive home and can I keep using the car until I get it to a dealership?
2) Would it be covered under the warranty?
3) What does it mean? Will the handbrake fail?

Thanks in advance
Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, just noticed I posted this in the wrong place, can it be moved please mods??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Steve,
No probs about moving!

As for the problem, many people who have had this come up found out that the alternator is at fault.
So while it seems it will be ok to drive, it does mean that you might end up with a flat battery.
Unsure about the warranty, you would need to read the contract that was given to you.
You can buy cheap testers to see if the battery is being charged, but I would try and get it to a garage or even call the AAand have the alternator tested.

Good luck.
Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lawe,

sorry for the delay in replying, been really busy at work. Firstly, thanks for moving the topic.
Now, as I said, this "Limited EPB Function" message came up on my way to work on Saturday and I posted this topic when I got there. When I started the car and drove home the message did not appear and has not since (it is now wednesday!).

Anyone got any ideas? would you recomend that I still get the car to thedealers? the problem is, with no message on the display would the diagnostics still show a fault?

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The fault code, if any,would be stored in the memory so they can read this and go from there.
As to it not coming up again, that may be down to luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts