Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS N GIRLS does anyone know what the part numbers are for the new spec rear led lamps and also are they a straight swap heard they are. Also anyone know how to remove rear spoiler as i want to get it painted.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Contact the dealer, or better still find out from https://www.fordpartsuk.com/partsrequest.htm as they will give you a price, and the part numbers and are about 20% cheaper than over the counter and are genuine Ford parts.

The spoiler probably bolts on from the inside of the tail gate but not sure as haven't looked. Are you looking to colour code it?
Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah want to get the spoiler colour coded and the side rubbing strips done aswell. been looking at a ford bodykit but our local ford dealer isnt very helpfull unless uve got a reg number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just fitted them to my max they look much better than the originals, if you fit them make sure the foam seal is applied correct if not when it rains you'll end up with water in the boot as i found out.
heres a couple of pics

Edited by: jase1971

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Do you need new lights too or are they just clip on replacements for original glass/plastisc coverings?If they are just a straight swap,what`s the cost?
Definately interested if a swap.

MM

·
Registered
280 Posts
Jase,
Have you debadged yours and replacedthem with the latest badges?

The car looks awesome with the LED lights.... Like MM said, how much where they and where they just a direct replacement and fit.?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jase
heaard these rear lamps are around £130+vat each but look good so well worth the money

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sorry guys

I hope I dont get anyones back up with this comment but I have to be honest

I think the new lights look rubbish they look like a boy racers after market mod from halfords and in my opinion they look cheap and spoil the cars aperience I dont like them.

If I ever purchesed a new c max model the first thing I would do is change the lights back to the old ones as they look way better in my opinoin more class I dont like the fairy light look spoils the car

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wont be changing mine for that price (call me tight) but I can think of much better things to spent the best part of £300 on...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm with you there Roy, saw a Zetec in the village this afternoon with these lights, they look too flash, excuse the pun!!
Tony

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I still like thembut not at that price,Think I`ll try partsgateway,lasttime I wanted something from them it was 1/5 dealer price
.I will let you all know how much
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi all i got the from parts gateway £100 for the pair and they are just a straight swap as for the new badge i prefer it to the old style

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice lights mate.
But I think if I spent £100 on new ones, my wife would kill me... Something for Santa I think

The badge does look good as well.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Just had a quote from partsgateway £44 inc next day delivery.that`s for the pair,not each.I`m ordering them 1st thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's agood price Mickey perhaps you can take us through how you fit them, do you have a web address for partsgateway?

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ok here`s the web address for partsgateway
www.partsgateway.co.uk
Follow the onscreen instructions & your in business.
Oh by the way Ive had a second quote at £47 inc next day delivery.
I`ll do my best to record the fitting,if I can get the pics to come up on the site.Last time I tried,they went awol
.I was trying to post the pics of my chrome sill plates & exhaust tail pipe.
Cheers for now
Mike

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dont do it mike the ones you have on look better the parts gateway sell them at the price that represents them best ""cheap"" mate they look like a boy racers cheap after market modification from halfords

It looks like ford went to halfords and got a lorry load of after market lights and fitted them to the new c max there horrible they look rubbish they look like christmas tree lights and make the car look cheap not classy.

I cant belive people think these lights look good I am honestly amazed as I really do think they spoil the car a great deal.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
MetalMicky08 said:
Ok here`s the web address for partsgateway
www.partsgateway.co.uk
Follow the onscreen instructions & your in business.
Oh by the way Ive had a second quote at £47 inc next day delivery.
I`ll do my best to record the fitting,if I can get the pics to come up on the site.Last time I tried,they went awol
.I was trying to post the pics of my chrome sill plates & exhaust tail pipe.
Cheers for now
Mike
That's a great site, added to my bookmarks.

As for the photo's , any problems then let me know as I'll host them in my photobucket account if you want.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts