Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 C-Max Titanium 1.5 tdci
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, hope everyone had a great Xmas.
Has anyone encountered the following problem: the keyless locking on my 2017 C-Max Titanium has stopped working during the past week or so. It unlocks & starts fine, just won't keyless lock. It locks fine with the button on the remote fob.
The problem occurs with both fobs, so I replaced the battery in both, even though they were only replaced 2 months ago, however still no luck.
Any advice would be gratefully received, many thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi
I had the same problem a few monts ago and found that the Keyless locking had got switched off. It is located under Vehicle Settings in the Information Display unit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning Telboy52
Many thanks for the advice. I've had a look for this in the vehicle settings but it's not there on my car, in fact there's no mention of locking anywhere in the menus.
Maybe Ford have deleted this option in some years?
Thanks again🙂

·
Registered
58 Posts
Morning Telboy52
Many thanks for the advice. I've had a look for this in the vehicle settings but it's not there on my car, in fact there's no mention of locking anywhere in the menus.
Maybe Ford have deleted this option in some years?
Thanks again🙂
If you had keyless entry then it should be there.
Under Vehicle settings scroll down and there should be a tick box Keyfree, make sure its ticked. See photo below.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had another look but it's defo not there on my car.
Still puzzled as to why the keyless locking has suddenly stopped working but the keyless unlocking & starting works fine.
20201231_151727.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Did anyone figure this out?

I have the same problem - both key fobs of my 2015 Grand C-Max stopped working on Monday and have had to manually unlock the car since then. Changed the batteries but the fobs still don't work.

Was thinking of buying a new car battery, but then just tried to check the Keyfree option in the Vehicle Settings and it's not there!? Real bummer.

Many thanks, Eugene

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning Eugene
The problem remains on my C-Max; for a couple of days last week the keyless entry also stopped working, however it was minus 7 degrees outside.
The car then sat in the sun all day at my work car park and everything worked again, however now that the temp has dropped again, only the keyless entry works.
Strange to think that the door sensor(s) possibly don't like the cold lol
If you decide to replace the battery, please let us know how you get on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts