Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title basically says it all

I've finally picked up my new cmax & to be honest being 10 years since I had a new car - there's a lot to learn such as push-button start, sync 3 etc

now onto my question.
on pickup I was given by dealer a page from the police about high risk thefts with keyless entry & it had some 'suggestions'

Steering wheel locks for example (which sort of defeats the idea of 'keyless') & that you should check your car is locked before you leave it

Heres the problem..
... regardless on HOW I lock the car (keyfob button twice in 3sec or 'doubletap' the door handle sensor) & I watch the wing mirrors fold in and the indicator lights flash
- as soon as I try the handle to check doors are actually locked (a habit I had with the old car) .. the car unlocks because the fob in range

The only way I can find to check the doors are locked is to go away, drop the fob off somewhere, come back & re-check

am I missing something obvious?

... IS it possible to pull door handles to check doors ARE locked properly when leaving car?
... is there a small delay I should wait before checking doors are locked? (a sort of keyfob detection cool down). When I've tried its almost as soon as wing mirrors finish moving
... should I get keyfob pouch & put the fob in it tl block signal - then check the doors?

any help appreciated - thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
37 veiws & no relies ...
Guess no-one knows ;)

Anyway - I think I've figured it out myself
I was doing it too SLOWLY

Before I was tapping handle once for wing mirrors to move,
THEN tap second time - causing lights to flash
THEN trying door handle to see if it was locked - but it unlocked & opened up the car

NOW it seems you have to 'tap,tap,try handle' while the mirrors are STILL folding in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts