Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi experts! :)

I have two keyfobs for a 2012 C-Max Titanium. Remote functions on both have stopped working, i.e. unlocking/locking car doors and opening back hatch, and starting the car without contact. I need to unlock the car using the metal blade, and then insert the key fob in the steering column to start the engine.

Ford has reprogrammed both keys and tried programming a new key, all without success (£75). They have carried out limited diagnosis and identified fault code U201F for external receiver (Failure Type 13: Circuit Open). I understand this to mean that the keys cannot communicate with the Body Control Module, and that it's a problem with the car, not the keys.

A mate (works for an automotive locksmith) used the same diagnostic equipment and confirmed this fault code, and also reported U3003 Battery Voltage (Failure Type 62: SIgnal Compare Failure). He didn't know if that meant the keyfob batteries (which have been replaced correctly) or the car battery.

Ford now want £220 to carry out further manual diagnostics on the car. If they identify the problem, they will then quote me for the repair, which could obviously put the overall cost of this at £500+, even if they agree to deduct the £75 already paid for ineffective reprogramming.

I'd be grateful for any insights into this. Do these codes suggest any specific problems, or are they really so general that Ford needs to do 3-4 hours of further investigation? Are there any straightforward tests that a non-Ford garage could carry out (my usual go-to mechanic is on holiday)?

Many thanks for any help. I'm going to have problems with a substantial bill, but I do really want to get the remote functions fixed if possible.

All best

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nick just came across your post as I have exactly the same issue on my 2012 Grand Cmax. My auto-electrician told me that it is likely to be a problem with the key receiver module inside the car but could not find the receivers and advised me to go to a Ford dealership. My problem is intermittent it works for a few hours then stopped working. How did you resolve the issue at teh end (at at what cost?). Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Appears to be under the handbrake console. You get get them quite cheaply off eBay. As with all things C-Max just search the equivalent for Focus Mk3 and you can find all the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts