Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined the C Max Owners club and read this thread about the key fob. As it so happens I'm about to change my battery so I found this bit of info very useful indeed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Key battery message

Hi just tried pressing fob button with engine running and cleared the warning. Saved me a few £££.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also have the "key battery low replace soon" on display; did replace both battery on remote BUT still displaying same message .....
Do I need to be concern if I disregard this message as I don't see/observe any problem or change with our car...ours is a 2011 grand c max 2.0 diesel powershift ...
Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
I solved mine by taking the battery out of the key and then putting the same one back in. My car is only 9 months old and keys work perfectly. Message is now cleared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a problem from new ( 6.4 reg ) When I have my TomTom on, it announces "No Ford Key Present". I then have to re-lock the car, sometimes several times, before I can get the starter to operate. Been back to the dealer 3 times, so far. Any ideas folks ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right guys, had same problem couple of days ago, Key battery low, please change soon... have change battery but error still was on dash board.... have need connected my OBD error reader, but nothing... No errors found. Today problem has been solved...

Put key in ignition, start car. When car is running just press lock button on your key... that's it - problem solved :) Probably Ford is charging for this money, but why we need to pay, if we can do it by ourselves ??? :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Right guys, had same problem couple of days ago, Key battery low, please change soon... have change battery but error still was on dash board.... have need connected my OBD error reader, but nothing... No errors found. Today problem has been solved...

Put key in ignition, start car. When car is running just press lock button on your key... that's it - problem solved :) Probably Ford is charging for this money, but why we need to pay, if we can do it by ourselves ??? :)
I had the same problem yesterday and I can confirm that it works.
Both key fob batteries changed message remained on car, started engine and pressed lock button and message went.

·
Registered
1 Posts
replace key battery

I had the same problem occur on my 2011 C-Max Titanium last weekend, and after replacing the batteries in the key remote, the error message remained.

I took my car into my local Ford dealer and they ended up having to carry out a BCM software update. This cleared the alarm issue.

Does anyone know what BCM is?
hi did the ford garage charge you

·
Registered
106 Posts
^
BCM = body control module. Quite why the body needs controlling with a module, I don't know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Key Fob Battery Replacement

Hello,

Just wanted to say that the method above (starting the car and then immediately pressing any button on the fob whilst the message is on the screen) worked fine on my 2011 CMax Titanium. The message immediately went and has not reappeared.

Regards,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Relative newbie to this forum. Apologies if the answer to this is posted elsewhere I've looked but cannot find it.

In the past few days I have had the message "Key battery low replace soon" appear, when using both key fobs, it seems to be on constantly until I start the car. I replaced both lithium batteries in my keyless ignition fobs, but the message has not gone away. Do I need to do something to re-set the message?

2010 C-Max 1.6 Tdi Titanium, with keyless ignition.

Thanks

C
Changed my battery today opened car started car then turned engine off locked my car from inside and the warning went off

21 - 37 of 37 Posts