Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Relative newbie to this forum. Apologies if the answer to this is posted elsewhere I've looked but cannot find it.

In the past few days I have had the message "Key battery low replace soon" appear, when using both key fobs, it seems to be on constantly until I start the car. I replaced both lithium batteries in my keyless ignition fobs, but the message has not gone away. Do I need to do something to re-set the message?

2010 C-Max 1.6 Tdi Titanium, with keyless ignition.

Thanks

C

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem occur on my 2011 C-Max Titanium last weekend, and after replacing the batteries in the key remote, the error message remained.

I took my car into my local Ford dealer and they ended up having to carry out a BCM software update. This cleared the alarm issue.

Does anyone know what BCM is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for that Crash.

Weird as it may be, and i really dont know if iam imagining this or not, however since they carried out this software update, my notorius "dead spot" when pulling away seems to have cleared and the car in general seems to be running just that bit smoother then normal.

Could this be true or am i imagining things?

I have had the car for over year now and the dead spot has been there since day one, however since last Thursday i have not experianced it once.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As a reference I had the same problem. The light in the display would remain on for roughly 45 minutes before it cut out.

Brought the car in to Ford (Grand CMAX Titanium 2011-05-25). Also mentioned that the ideling was rough sometimes. They would connect and check the faults.
After I left the car they rung me up and said that they needed both keys otherwise they couldnt do anything about the key error. They would as said connect and see I there were any errors in the computer.

After a while the very unpleasant lady rung me up and said the previous owner missed the service with a month and the warranty had expired.

I was told to come down and get the car and book a new time for troubleshooting the key issue.

So I did. Booked a new time, was informed that the troubleshooting would cost 1700 SEK (170GBP) and that the repair estimate was to be given later...

We argued somewhat over the warranty issue, but nothing could be done.

I then went out to the car and the Low battery error was gone. (I have had it for 1.5 month so it was not a coincident).

My thought is that ford connected their computer and somehow cleaned the error by mistake when they checked for errors with the rough idling. They have not rewritten the BCM / PCM update I can ensure you.
Conclusion this error can be easily fixed by Ford.

I have had my own ODB reader installed (Torque APP for Android) and that showed no errors.

I really hate the crappy service provided by Ford (Hedbergs) here in Sweden. From now on my car will not enter a Ford garage if not absolutely needed.

Off topic. Ford wanted 1200 GBP to install a Tow Bar for me. I bought parts form internet for 110 GBP and gave to a local mechanic to install for another 100GBP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If your key fob battery needs changing there is no need to go to the dealer to reset the message on the trip computer.you just use the arrow keys on the steering wheel and navigate to the information menu -->system status and press the ok button to reset.
Sorry for the late reply but I think this would be helpful for someone with the same problem in the future

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Mines just started with the warning. Have ordered battery off Amazon so will change it and see if I need to visit Fraud to get the error reset. Does not look like it can be reset through the speed display menu.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mines just started with the warning. Have ordered battery off Amazon so will change it and see if I need to visit Fraud to get the error reset. Does not look like it can be reset through the speed display menu.
Hopefully you'll be ok. I changed mine a few weeks ago and the message went.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had this same problem some time ago. Changed fob battery & warning remained. Disconnected car battery lead for a few seconds & warning went away

Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
To clear the Message. from the screen : start your engine en while running press the fob. The Message should be gome.
I had the same problem and after i did this the Message was gone

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem. Car is in for 3rd year service and they want to charge me £106 for diagnostics and updating as it is not covered under warranty.

Think I will be disconnecting the battery instead to clear the fault

1 - 20 of 36 Posts