Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just found this site and its excellent, have had a bit of bad luck with my first 2 c max's
having got a sliver 2.0 zetec in march after 3 months and on the way to gatwick (M23) it just cut out no power at all so got it towed to fords but they found nothing wrong with it !
so had it back and same thing happened ,back to fords nothing wrong.
so they take it for a test drive to find out whats wrong and guess what THEY WROTE IT OFF

he drove straight into the back of a van

so finally got given another car by fords nice 2.0 green zetec until last week wife was driving along at 60 like she always does and bang a merc doing 90 goes straight into the back of the car, turns out the car was used in a robbery and he was trying to get away. my wife and 6 year old daughter suffered whiplash

so thats my bit of bad luck should be getting a ghia when the insurance pays out so hopefully third time lucky as i think their great cars

·
Registered
336 Posts
WOW unlucky main thing is wife and little one are not seriously injured. Welcome to the forum enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Welcome to the club.What an intro the the C-Max (twice !!!).Glad everyone`s ok,if you do get a ghia,don`t get one with the electric parking brake,& be sure to find out if it`s had a new alternator,they tend to need replacing on ALL model C-Max.Better to have someone else foot the cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a new alternator put in two days before wife had the smash had been without the car over christmas and new year!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry to here about the problems you've had, andlike everyone else has said, you just have to be glad the wife and daughter are Okay.... even ifshaken up and probably very sore...

My Ghia is STILL in the garage while they look at the EPB.... It's a bl00dy pain in the ar5e, I printed loads of stuff off the forum and although the car is still under warrenty.... If they do not get a specific code from the diagnostics machine they will NOT change the alternator even thoughthey have loads of info about thatbeing the culprit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts