Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

ive picked my cmax up today and so far am quite impressed with it!!

it was a bit of a shame leaving my passat as a p/x as it had been totally relable and a good motor to us for thepast 4 years.

anyway as for the cmax......

im getting about 39mpg at the moment which isnt that great but it has been stood at the garage for about 4 months so might need a bit of time to loosen up again.

can someone tell me how to take then engine cover off her too please(54plate 2.0 tdci) so i can have a mooch around.

cheers

steve

p.s in the setting ive found you can adjust the steering inout or somthing(standard.comfort or sport i think!!) does it make much difference??

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Which engine do you have? 39 is on the bottom rung of the range for a 2.0TDCI.The steering settings have been mentioned on here before so have a quick trawl through & see if you can see anything,I don`t have this on mine so I can`t help,sorry.As for the engine cover it should be held on by some screws and is easy to remove/replace.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Mine a 2.0 TDCI too.I get 42/48 so as Rihard suggests,get an oil & oil filter change & airfilter too.Won`t half help.I did these and it really helps

·
Registered
336 Posts
hi steve cover on the engine pulls off held on by 3 ball and sockets. I drive mainly town and get about 32 - 40 depending on how heavy my left foot is on a run 45. Didnt know about steering settings but i havnt found anything like that yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts