Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my recent experience of resolving issues I've had for a long time with my 2004 1.8 petrol C-max that I've had for over 14 years in case it helps any other owners...
1. The high revs when cold became noticeable years ago after cleaning the throttle body to fix poor running and performance (which it did). I did the usual like looking for splits in oil breather (limited vision between inlet manifold) and all other vacuum pipes. Tried spraying WD40 etc to see if revs would increase, but no and revs always went back to 750 RPM when warm. Replaced throttle body (second hand and now have spare if someone needs one!) and cleaned TMAP. All no joy. Put up with it for years as really no issue when car warmed up. Being in lockdown decided to remove the PCV oil breather tube to check once and for all. From other posts it looked like I had to remove inlet manifold, but someone did mention that you could get it from below if you remove the starter motor - I did this saving hours and found 3 inch split in hose which could not be seen - result as revs seem better. Only issue is the £47 price tag for a 5 inch piece of rubber!!
2. Had intermittent alarm triggers for years until replaced main battery when car was 11/12 years old - not bad for the original. Started again recently at night annoying me and neighbors. The voltage does seem a little low but starts fine. Just identified fuse F57 for the alarm horn under the wiper scuttle and removed fuse so if it does trigger there is no beeping! Another result.
Happy fault resolving :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit to above... The alarm still goes off! So please ignore the fuse number given! Just need to find the location of the alarm horn and disconnect - it's not behind the windscreen motor under the scuttle where I expected to find it - doh!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edit to above... The alarm still goes off! So please ignore the fuse number given! Just need to find the location of the alarm horn and disconnect - it's not behind the windscreen motor under the scuttle where I expected to find it - doh!
Final Edit - the alarm horn is in the rear of the car drivers side under the large internal plastic trim, towards the top at the rear door end. Now disconnected and silent when triggerred. Just the flash of indicators for 5 minutes which I can live with!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts