Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a C-MAX. It is the first one here in Laredo, Texas. So far I am VERY impressed with its ride and economy. I did have one small problem -- the Sirius radio wouldn't accept some commands. A hard re-set, (where the battery is disconnected for 5 minutes) cured the problem.

Here in the States, it is a VERY new introduction into the Ford line -- less than one month. I am looking forward to many years of economical service.

I hope this forum will be able to help me enjoy the car even more.

Regards,
Andrew Thall
Laredo, Texas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-MAX Hybrid

I forgot to mention that I have the hybrid version of the C-MAX. Here in the US, the C-MAX is only available as a hybrid. Later, an all electric version will be released.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also bought a new C-Max Hybrid on November 23, 2012. Could use some advice, if anyone has some advice, on how to reach 47 mpg. I have 600 miles on it and am getting 37 mpg (a long way from 47).
I traded a 2009 Escape with 24 mpg, and firmly believed I would get the advertised mpg. I am not complaining; I am a Ford retiree and am very proud of this Company, and if they say it will get 47 I simply need to get some advice on how.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought mine today too!

Picked up my new CMAX today. I, too, live in Michigan. A reminder to our European members is the CMAX is only available as a hyrbrid here in the USA. There is the regular CMAX and the Energi version which has a much larger battery and it plugs in to to be charged. I opted for the regular hybrid version. So far I have only driven it a hundred miles and the mileage with 12 miles on the odometer was staring at me at 14 mpg. I drove it for about 100 miles today with a mix of city and highway driving. Mileage has grown to 29 mpg. I was able to generate 12 leaves on the mileage efficiency display on Intrument Panel. Mileage will improve I am sure but the reports here in the USA is the claimed 47/47 city / highway mileage is not possible unless you are running the vehicle on a EPA chassis dynamometer and following the driving cycle used to test vehicles for emissions and fuel economy. The sub par real world mileage of the CMAX may result in the EPA forcing FORD to reduce its mileage claims.

I didn't buy the CMAX, I leased it just in case the hybrid technology is sub par or problem prone. I can return it at the end of the lease. Ford warrants the battery pack for 8 years or 100,000 miles.

Aside from the mileage claims the vehicle is well designed and a great use of the Focus platform. The transmission was designed here in Michigan and produced in Michigan. The vehicle is assembled in Wayne, Michigan.

FEATURES such as the MySync are somewhat clumsy but learnable. It borders on some designers desire to be "high tech." Having Blue tooth and speech recognition for dialing from your cell phones contacts is an excellent feature and most appreciated.

Seating and control locations are excellent. It has plenty of headroom.

Power and pickup is surprisingly good for a eco friendly vehicle. I discovered this in the test drive. I have avoided hard accelerations since I am fascinated with trying to improve fuel economy.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
160 miles and one trip at 52 mpg

With judicious use of the accelerator and long, slow decelerations you can get over 50 mpg. I made a 20 mile round trip to a local store today and average 52.1 mpg. Speeds were less than 50 mph. The driving style can, however, be very annoying to those following you. :D

Hyper miling can be almost as much fun as hot footing it around town.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ford really should try selling the 2.0 TDCi with 6- speed Powershift in the States. I reckon it'd do really well over there. A hybrid in the UK would no doubt sell for about £25k - far too much to be a realistic proposition for most people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also bought a new C-Max Hybrid on November 23, 2012. Could use some advice, if anyone has some advice, on how to reach 47 mpg. I have 600 miles on it and am getting 37 mpg (a long way from 47).
I traded a 2009 Escape with 24 mpg, and firmly believed I would get the advertised mpg. I am not complaining; I am a Ford retiree and am very proud of this Company, and if they say it will get 47 I simply need to get some advice on how.
Have had mine since September and only once had above 41 mpg on a full tank, I am still wondering where ford got their figures from

1 - 15 of 15 Posts