Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, just joined the forum as I've bought a 57 plate c max and have a technical issue. Basically it seems to drive fine up to around 70 but sometimes a bit slower then it starts to judder. It's not horrendous but quite annoying. It only really happens when accelerating and if I back off and maintain a constant speed it goes away. I can cruise at 80 no probs and nothing when braking. Seems a bit beyond my mechanical knowledge which is why I'm asking you guys for help. I hope you can as I already wasted £1000 on a bmw I bought a couple of months ago which is now dead, and can't afford any more problems! I thought maybe bushes but I'd expect some judder when braking so maybe not. I will take it to my mechanic later in the week but would be nice to know if there are any common problems to look for. Thanks, Dan. (I think I can rule out tracking as that was done along with 2 front tyres yesterday, as one had a puncture and the steering wheel was turned to the left when going straight). They did say they'd like to see it again in about a week incase it goes out again which I thought was a bit weird and made me wonder if they found any kind of problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a very similar issue with my 56 plate 2.0l auto. I had some odd gear change issues but dropped the transmission sump, cleaned the solenoids and replaced the fluid, which improved the shifting enormously.
I am very suspicious of the coil packs which seem to have very poor leads, that don't really grip the back end of the spark plug. Some seem to have burn marks as though they have been arcing there, instead of in the engine. Has anyone else seen this? Are there any better ones? One of mine has been replaced, and it has a slightly higher resistance than the other 3, but I doubt this is an issue.
Just like Dan-eboy mine drives fine except when accelerating gently, in any gear at almost any speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts