Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, newbie AND I have no idea about cars so go easy on me馃檪. I've got a 2015 Grand CMAX 2 litre diesel auto. A few months back one of the brake calipers stuck on causing damage and we had to replace all brakes, calipers and discs etc.

Over the last few weeks it feels like the brakes are stuck in temporarily and they creak and we have to put our foot down a bit more to move, it's usually worse reversing off the drive. It almost feels like the hill assist feature is kicking in, even on flat ground.

We've had it to a local mechanic who cannot find the issue but thinks its either the master cylinder or ABS. on the ramp they said all 4 brakes were on and after after a short delay would all release . We've booked it in with a Ford main dealer for a diagnostic check but wondered if anyone in here has experienced anything similar?

There are no fault codes and only done 32k miles.

Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So had the car to Ford's today. Its the master cylinder. Whislt there they've told me I need to change brake pads at rear and suggested I change gearbox oil and filter. All for the princely some of 拢860.. brake pads needed changing but told them not to bother with gearbox service. That bit was over 拢300.

Registered
I thought it would be the master cylinder.
And you must have the powershift gear box the fluid needs to be changed every two years or 60,000Km I think.
watch this video it's a Mondeo but the same gear box.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. I didn't even know that the gearbox had oil and a filter so makes sense it should be serviced. Might ask our local garage if it's something they can do. Just to compare if 拢300 is expensive.

Registered
I paid 拢300 for a powershift oil and filter change in June. Its recommended every 3 years or 30,000 or so miles.
I paid a bit less 3 years ago so I its a fair price for a main dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So they've called me back after fitting the master cylinder and said when they did the retest the brakes have all siezed up! So have now said it 'must' be the ABS pump and want and extra 拢1200. Something doesn't feel right to me as surely the ABS fault light would flash up on a diagnostic. I'm waiting to speak to a manager as they couldn't 100% guarantee the issue would be fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts