Ford C-Max Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sarah

I should also have added that although installing the Ford ISOFIX 'covers' (as per the photo near the beginning of this thread) makes them easy to use, and very smart, you can actually reach the metal loops by easing each side of the back cushion towards the centre of the seat to expose them. It's a bit fiddly but it is perfectly OK .. obviously check that the seat latches on properly. My ISOFIX baby seat came with two plastic guides, which I have wedged in place.

If they didn't come with your base, try ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITAX-ISOFIX-MOUNTING-GUIDES-NEW-/400127006963?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item5d296d98f3

Remember, ease the back cushion sideways - the loops are not BETWEEN the base and the back like they are in most cars.

PS Just re-read your post - I should have said that each of our TWO baby seats came with two plastic guides. Ah.. the joys of having to buy two of everything
Edited by: alanfp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok thanks for all your help guys. could you please post a picture of the isofix exposed by sliding the seat fabric? If you have time of course.
Thanx.
Sara

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanx Jon.
I meant alanfp who talks about sliding the back cushion sideways to expose the isofix.
Sara

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sara,

I'm not sure what alanfp meant, but I've just double checked my C-Max and there's definitely no way to simply slide the cushion material sideways to expose the Isofix bars. They are sewn into the inside of the seatback (rather than between the seatback and base which, as alanfp mentions, is common on other cars). I'm afraid the only route is to cut the seatback to expose them!

Best wishes,

Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK Jon thanx. I'm nervous about having a go myself but it'll save such a lot of money.
Sara

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

We just fitted the fittings on sunday, as long as you have a steady hand and dont cut over the template all will be fine. My wife ended up doing it as she has a more steady hand than I do it took just over 30mins to do.

Our seats are leather and it looks ok

·
Registered
151 Posts
OOPS

I'm really sorry, Sara. I was writing from memory, and having looked at aqcfogpy's excellent account and having just popped out to look at my car(really should get back to work) I realise it's the upper part of the base cushion that you slide back. At the back of the seat base there is another part of the base , about 2.5 inches top to bottom. At each side of this 'upstand' there is the plastic trim at the side of the seat. See aqc's phot entitled 'inserting the plastic guide' - you can see the plastic trim on the RHS of the pic.
Place your fingers between this plastic trim and the cushion.You should be able to feel the loops. They AREtricky to find...I physicallychecked the existence of them when I viewed my car at the garage, yet afortnight later when I got it home I spent half an hour thinking I'd imagined the whole thing until I realised exactly where to look.

Unless there have been subtle changes over the years (mine's an early 54 reg) or if a Zetec cushion is different construction to a Ghia one, the loops are accessible and not completely 'sewn in' to the cushion.

(I would post a pic if I could but haven't got the means to do so at the moment)

aqc has ended up with a neater installation than me, but as a mother of twin babies (you , not me, I'm a mere father of twin babies) I'm desperately trying to save you 4 hrs of your precious time if I can (or a 3-figure £sum)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. When I pick the car up I'll have a really good look and decide what to do. Should be in a few days hopefully.
Sara

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Have just purchased a 56 focus cmax zetec, not really knowing about the cubby holes in the rearfloor!!, I have a maxi cosi easy fix for my 6 week old and a priori fix for my two year old, and neither of the extendable legs reach to the floor of the cubby holes.

Been reading all the post and mixed views, Ford (Ashford,Kent)say they have no support infill.
Has anyone done or know of anything to put in the hole to support the leg?

Many thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI,
I have two (twins) Recaro Isofix bases and these also don't go to the floor through the cubby holes. They sit perfectly well and secure on the floor in front of the holes. I.E. Just infront of the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Saraj

Will try that, did you achieve ths by folding the middle seat back and slidingthe two outerseats inwards?

Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
No. Didn't have to mess with the seats in any way. The foot of the Isofix bar just naturally found the spot to sit.
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone help with car seats for older children - group 2/3 - for 3-4 years old and upwards, when trying to fit it in a C-Max Ghia 2006? I bought a Graco Logico L RallySport today and have found that the back does not fit under the head rest, even at the highest position and I can't seem to be able to remove the head rest completely - unless I am just being a bit dense!

The manual says that the front seat head rests can be taken off but just mentions that you can lift the height on the back ones, which implies to me they don't come off.

Most of the group 2/3 car seats have high backs - obviously as the kids are growing taller, so I can't see how I can get around this problem, even if I go back to get a different make!

Help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cmax under floor storage/ car seat base

I've got a 2004 cmax and the maxi cosi base which Maxi cosi say is not compatable because of the floor storage. With the lid off the light showes red:eek:
I did lots of searching an found that ford say in the Ford Kuga hand book "when using a car seat base with a leg you must make shore that the foam insert is fitted and the lid is on properly!"
Luckerly the Luga has the same size and shape floor as the Cmax, so I ordered the foam insert and it fits straight in :) Now I know it's safe and approved by ford. My insurance company said the same thing :)
The part ford part number is 1544072.
Hope this solves many issues that I've read on many pages on the web.
Alex

41 - 60 of 66 Posts