Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used and can recommend a home tyre fitting service?

I'm after 4 new boots for the 'max and it would be really useful if someone came to me, also an internet service may save a few pounds too.

Can anyone give me feed back on:

Quality of fit
Price
Response time after order

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Phil try tyreshopper.com , they are really cheap and efficient. Used and recommended them loads of times

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks all. I've ordered my tyres to be fitted tomorrow from etyres. 4 x Goodyear NCT5's. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd recommend www.blackcircles.com. Not a home service but you can choose a local garage to fit them.

I used a mobile fitting service a few years ago. That was a comedy of errors! I can't recall the name of the company but they subcontracted the job to Kwik Fit mobile. After taking an afternoon off work to wait in for them they phoned to cancel saying my tyres had been used for another job. The job was re-arranged for another date at my workplace. Fitter turned up but didn't know why he'd been sent so didn't have my tyres with him. He had to make a 40 mile round trip to go and get them. After doing the job he then just threw my car keys in at my work reception & buggered off.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Great,I know you`ll not have any problems with etyres.
My brother used them yesturday for his (4),his wife`s (2) & his son`s (2).
He was amazed how efficient& quickly they got him sorted,I think it was just over an hour for the lot & he saved in total over £200 so he was really chuffed.He has passed their info onto a mate of his who has one of those VW Toureg 4x4`s,they get through tyres real quick & his quote was over £80 cheaper per tyre so he`s using them on Monday.
Anyways good luck,I know you`ll be pleased with the result.
MM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well etyres came andfitted 4 new tyres yesterday. I have nothing but praise for the fitter who came to my house, an extremely professional outfit. The service was quick and he did spend time cleaning the rims properly, fitting nice stick on weights to the inside of the alloys and setting the wheel nuts to the correct torque rather than the king kong pressures used by most tyre fitters! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

etyres is a franchise so all the fitters my not be the same, but the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Ipswich</st1:place> area fitter gave the kind of service I would expect when I'm spend hundreds of £'s.

The NCT5's have been brilliant too. We took the C-Max to <st1:place w:st="on">Colchester</st1:place> and back yesterday and averaged 58 mpg, we usually get 53 on this trip. I can't wait for the weekend, we are off to Bournemouth, on a good run I can get 60+ the record is 63.1, I feel something special could be in the air!!! Road noise is greatly reduced too. I'll soon see how they perform in the wet and only time will tell how they will wear.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good arn`t they.
Neighbour has just asked me for their detals cos she knows I`ve used them and have been pleased.
MM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the samething! My neighbour walked across and ask if I had just had my tyres changed? She could believe what she was seeing. She was amazed that his service was available.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just had 4 tyres fitted at home by Event Tyres. Michelin Primacy HP's @ £75 each.

Excellent service, fitter (Dave) did an excellent and speedy job. Prices better than Blackcircles , Etyres or Valuetyres, and you don't pay until job is done, which I liked rather than paying up front.

See website at http://www.event-tyres.co.uk

For discount codes to save more see http://twitter.com/event_tyres

Andy.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
MetalMicky08 said:
I have used these guys twice and found them brilliant,quick,clean & very good on price
www.etyres.co.uk
Just a thought about etyres
where the advert boldly says 40% cheaper it actually means upto as I had a quote locally for an NCT 5 that they were less than 5% cheaper on and asked this question

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on my new tyres:

I have just set a new MPG record (for me and my C-max) 69.8. 200 mile trip from Bournemouth to Ipswich.This smashes my old record for the same journey of 61.4MPG. I think it is all down to the tyres, I have always runconti' sport 2's on the car before.

Done around 1500 miles so far, 800 of them pulling a 300kg trailer and car fully loaded. The Goodyears have been excellent for fuel economy, road noise and the grip in wet and dry has never been found wanting so I'm very pleased so far. Only time will tell if they have a substantial lose of grip around 5mm as I found with Conti's.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
With etyres,the local one to me has said next time I want tires to ring him direct & if I need a complete set (4/5) he will give me an adittional discount
MM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts