Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if on the Ghia models it is possible to change the strip of fake wood on the passenger side dash board and around gear lever to chrome or silver.
If it possible could tell me where to get the parts from .Isitpossible to do it myself and how?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi macey. Yes it is possible.I have changed mine to zetec trim. All you do to change dashboard trim is get a thin flat headed screw driverand at one end very carefully pop it out, it is just cliped in. The gear knob surround just pulls out, then takethe gater out of the oldsurround and clip it into the new one. I got mine from ford I have the receipt somewere I will go and find it and let you know the price.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi macey. I have found the receipt but I am having a hard time working out what is what so this is what the receipt says and the priceI payed. I hope it helps.
P F1378326 N/STK KNOB - GEAR CH £19.90
P F1320793 N/STK COVER £7.81
P F1379946 N/STK PANEL - CONSOL £12.88

·
Registered
4 Posts
mjshort79 said:
Hi macey. I have found the receipt but I am having a hard time working out what is what so this is what the receipt says and the price I payed. I hope it helps.
P F1378326 N/STK KNOB - GEAR CH £19.90
P F1320793 N/STK COVER £7.81
P F1379946 N/STK PANEL - CONSOL £12.88

Hi mjshort79, thanks for the useful numbers, ordered with my dealer this morning so i can remove the plastic wood! In addition while looking at pictures of the c-max on the net I notice the zetec trim also has silver finish centre fascia surround (around stereo) and silver air vent surrounds. I don't suppose you know these part numbers at all? Do you know if they are  also as easy to change, as I think it really brightens up the dash?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I did not know they were a different coulour. I know you can get off the internet etc somebits to add on to the dash are you sure that was not the case in this picture. I have a pal who has a zetec and thedash is the same as mine apart from wood effect trim.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Oh yeh I see what you mean. I have never came across a c max with that facia in it. I have a ghia and have had a zetec as a courtesy car andboth had the same dash.Ibelived they were all the same coulour. I think that looks really nice and see what you mean about itbrightening up the dash. I wonder if ford do sell it that coulour or if it wasjust to make the car look good in the broucher.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just read the text that is a 2007 broucher. I guess it helps to read whats on the page aswell as look at the picture.I have a 2004 ghia and drove a 2006 zetec. I bet they did this to change the old model a bit as the new c max is in production now. I dont know the numbers but I will on monday. I will post them on here whenI find out.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I will go to ford. I live two minutes away from abristol street motors who dont sell cars they onlyfix them and sell parts. I will pop in and ask them and let you know on here as soon as I have the number on monday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts