Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Focus C-Max 55 plate 1.6 Zetec petrol with about 33000 miles on the clock. A couple of times recently it has had trouble starting. It has turned over for a quite a while and then started, but then as I drive off the immobiliser red light has done something a bit odd: it flashes rapidly on and off for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, and then it moves into a sequence of one slow flash followed by a series of three slow flashes, and back to one, and so on, and then after about a minute it stops, and I carry on driving normally. I haven't noticed any difference in engine performance apart from the fact that it occasionally doesn't start first time. My best guess is that the immobiliser warning light is trying to tell me something, but I can't find anything about it in the owner's guide or on the internet. Anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very occasionally I have a similar issue with mine notstarting straight way. I just keep turning the engine over and eventually (10-15 seconds) it starts and then runs fine. The only difference is I don't have any warning lights come up on mine (06reg -2.0 petrol Ghia - 40K miles)

Have you contacted your dealer and described the problem to them?

I haven't heard of this before but I'm sure if someone has, you'll get the answer you're after.

Good luck and welcome to the site
Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tom,
Just reading through some other forums andcan I ask if you are getting this fault with 'all'the keys you have with the car? or just one of them?

I wonder if the key you are using has lost some of its coding (if that makes sense)

I know they are talking about an Audi, but the fault sounds a little bit like yours.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a8-s8/89796-immobiliser-light-flashing.html

It worth trying one of your other keys, and if they work okay you've then got to try to re-programme them.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts