Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for something a bit more practical in space with an auto box with a decent engine, so thought about the cmax.

but what other cars would you have or considered over the cmax?

·
Registered
250 Posts
For the kind of money I paid for my cmax - £4500 for a 54 plate 1.6 petrol with 15000 miles done - nothing really came close to serious consideration.
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
615 Posts
A hyundai as you get 5 years unlimited mileage warrenty from them. My dad traded in his 07 fordgalaxy ( the new model)for a hyundai and he loves it. He has had it a year now with no problems at all. The galaxy in the year he had it was never out of the workshop and ford were hopeless. If you can get passed the badge hyundai off great value for money , great customer service , and peice of mind as you get a five year unlimited mileage warrenty from them.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got ours cos of the kids being 12 & 16.Now Tom`s 14 & Beth has gone to Uni so the need for the space has gone but the wife loves the C-Max so it stays.I`d go back to a 3 dr A3 Audi 3.2 V6 Quattro,but don`t have the space to keep it on the drive
C-Max is here for duration & I think another will be the replacement for the current one once it`s seen better days (long time to go then).

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ford Mondeo
Skoda Octavia
Was going to consider the Vectra but having already owned one, I wanted something different.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would like my next car to have a bit more soul...

Alfa Romeo - we used to have a 147 which was ace and I await its replacement next year with interest

A "proper" Citroen, i.e. must look like a spaceship, have the hydractive suspension and at least one other feature that makes you wonder whether its designers were geniuses or dangerously nuts, or both. High spec new-shape C5 is probably closest to that, they do look great on the road.

Or possibly another Focus for me, but will wait for the next model.

More immediately, SWMBO has to change her company car at the end of the year and the S-Max is looking favoured at the moment, but I'll keep my C-Max until that decision has been made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, for a weekend/track day machine, probably a certain two seater from Norfolk but, as a family car, probably an A4 or A6 Avant. The latest 3 series Coupe is growing on me but I've missed the boat with that one now as a regular runner given thefamily circumstances. Saw one (a 330i) at a good price last week but had to decline!

We'll certainly make do with the 55 reg Cmax and my wifes 2002 Focus Zetec, especially during the recession! I can see the Cmax been kept in the family for a while though and we'll flog the 02 Focus in a couple of years.

Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts